What We Do
Our mission is to help you resolve your health complaints completely. It’s a challenge, but that makes what we do even more rewarding. We have seen the proven effects that working closely with our clients increases the chances of reaching their health goals. All of our clients are successful, but the level of success is determined by how much effort is put in by both parties. We ensure that we do our part and help at every step of the way. We encourage our clients to do their part by staying committed and putting their plan into action as best as they can.
Two heads are greater than one. Clients of Functional Origins benefit from a team approach wherein we work collaboratively on each case to help accomplish your health goals.
Functional Nutrition is the ‘Non-Band Aid Approach’ to Healing
We are “root healers.” Compare your symptoms to leaves on a tree. If you really want to fix the health problem of the tree, you don’t focus on the leaves, but rather on the complex system of roots that lay hidden underground. In functional nutrition, we address the body as a whole. We use the latest testing to unravel the mystery of what is causing your symptoms, and then use an integrative approach for healing which includes diet, lifestyle, botanical medicine, environmental inputs, stress management techniques and more.
Covering All the Bases
When it comes to autoimmunity, gastrointestinal health, and balancing hormones, are you covering all of the bases? Here is a preview of our approach towards optimal health so you get an idea of what we are all about. We allow ample amount of time to address and work through these major root systems in the body that are connected to disease manifestation. Our programs are all-inclusive and personalized for you.
Phase 1: Clean The Slate Start with a healthy eating foundation!
- Over the course of 12 weeks, we will gradually makeover your diet with healthier food that brings vitality and wellness to your body.
- Processed foods and ingredients that can negatively influence health will be weeded out of your diet. Don’t worry, we will help with finding healthier alternatives.
- After improving the quality of your diet, you will learn about the quantity of food your body really needs daily. Stop over- or under-eating. (Psst!.. in our experience people undereat wayyyy more than overeat)
- Finally, you will learn how to achieve optimal energy through eating by balancing your meals with the right intake between carbs, proteins, and fats.
- Because eating real food can take some time and prep work, we will help you excel at meal planning and prepping (some) food ahead of time to make life easier, more enjoyable, and you more energized.
Phase 2: It Starts in the Gut Dive into gut health for deeper healing!
- First we’ll get to the root of your symptoms by taking a deeper look at your gut health through a specialized stool test.
- While waiting for your results, we implement diet strategies to begin supporting the liver to properly prepare the body for rebalancing the gut microbiome.
- Then, over 8-12 weeks, you will learn how to eat to heal and rejuvenate your gut through the Functional Origins’ Gut Nourishment Diet. We can help with recipes, menus, and meal planning. Anyone can do it because we are there at every step of the way!
- During this time, supplements are usually chosen based on your stool report and may include products like probiotics, herbs that help remove pathogens, and healing nutrients as needed. We do not recommend any supplement without a true need shown on your report. We take a “food first” approach and will only use supplements when therapeutically needed.
- We like to partner with your physician and/or gastroenterologist to make sure you are getting the best care possible. If you are in need of a good, receptive doctor, we can refer you to one.
- Towards the end of your program, we begin to reintroduce foods we may have eliminated systematically and determine the best maintenance diet for long-term health.
Phase 3: Happiness through Hormones Make some tweaks for hormonal bliss!
- If you truly want to balance your hormones, you don’t start looking directly at hormones, but at the areas that underlie hormonal imbalances first. This is simply why we prefer to later investigate hormones through testing. Many people experience hormonal improvements by simply changing their diet, healing their gut, and supporting their liver.
- In this phase, we reveal how well your hormones are doing through the gamut of hormonal tests. We will then modify your diet and lifestyle in order to achieve ‘hormonal happiness.’
Phase 4: MINDFULL
This phase is currently in development. Coming in 2020.
Coming October 2019!
We created our Nutrition Club for women as an outlet to connect with other women who also want to learn more about nutrition, prefer alternative healing, and find support in groups. Research shows that social connection is healing. We have also found it extremely beneficial to surround our clients with others who are working towards the same goals.
Clients actively participating in our phase 1 through phase 4 programs are automatically added to our nutrition club because we encourage immersion into learning, sharing (or sitting back and listening), and getting the support you need to remain committed to making health changes.
After you are finished with any of our programs, you have the option to continue your Nutrition Club membership and maintain these benefits at a monthly rate of $75.00.
If you are not a client of our practice, but are interested in joining our nutrition club, let us know!
- Unlimited chatting with your practitioner through our portal app (also accessible via desktop computer) for access to ask personal questions and continued support from our registered dietitians.
- Monthly body composition testing via our InBody 570 machine (This is the porsche of body comp testing! We are so excited to offer this to our clients to encourage assessing your health NOT by how much you weigh, but with more focus on fat mass versus muscle mass.)
- Bi-monthly in-person group meetings
- Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30pm and third Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm
- Meetings are structured to provide a topic for continued nutrition education and space for discussion, questions, and support.
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Access and 20% off professional grade supplements through our dispensary, Fullscript.com
Starting October 2019! If you’d like to join, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org