No-Bake Turmeric Balls
These no-bake balls are like fall in a ball—they have all the flavors of fall weather and they’re here to stay! I will warn you, your hands may get a little yellow from the turmeric but don’t worry, that’s not permanent! Also, it’s important you include the black pepper; it’s what will activate the turmeric health properties. Turmeric contains a property called curcumin and when combined with piperine (in black pepper), it’s been shown that it is better absorbed into the body. Ready, set, ROLL!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tbs. honey
- 3 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Lemon zest for extra flavor (optional)
- Add the shredded coconut to a blender and blend until it becomes a bit broken down/oily.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until the cashews are all grinded up.
- Set in fridge for about 5-10 minutes so it’s easier to make into balls.
- Using your hands, carefully form into balls.
- Set back into fridge for a few hours.
To make it low FODMAP, omit cashews and walnuts or pecans; omit honey and use pure maple syrup. Inspired by: https://runningonrealfood.com/no-bake-turmeric-coconut-balls/