4-Layer Halloween Dip
This one is 100% a new staple. Not only is it so easy to make, it’s the perfect appetizer dish for any small Halloween parties happening this year! These individual cups are also perfectly portioned for everyone.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3-4 tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ orange bell pepper diced
- 1/2-1 avocado
- Tortilla chips or veggies of choice
- Heat a lightly oiled pan and add ground turkey and spices.
- Fully cook and set aside.
- Cook your sweet potatoes as you usually would. If you have an Instant Pot, you can easily cook them for 30 minutes (if very large up to 60 minutes) on pressure cook setting. Place them on the trivet and pour 1 cup of water to fill the bottom.
- Once fully cooked and cooled, slice potatoes in half and scoop them out.
- Mix sweet potatoes, spices and nutritional yeast in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add black beans and spices to a blender.
- Blend until beans become a puree. Set aside.
- Chop bell peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- For the layering:
- You have two options. You can layer all the ingredients in a big square dish or put them in individual cups like I did. If you do the individual cups, you’ll get 3-4 cups total. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips (like Siete brand for grain-free or Late July for corn) or veggies!
To make it low FODMAP, omit the beans.