Crustless Broccoli Bacon Leek Quiche
Rich in choline for brain function, memory, and good mood. Supports a healthy liver. Provides a ton of "methylating" nutrients that help prevent cancer and promote hormonal balance. Contains sulforaphane, a powerful antioxidant.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 4oz. Grass-fed cheese
- 1 cup Coconut cream from can
- 1 cups Dairy-free milk
- 4 slices 4oz. Uncured bacon
- 1 Leek white parts only, sliced lengthwise, then in 1-inch pieces
- 4-5 cups broccoli
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook bacon in large frying pan.
- While bacon is cooking, slice leek.
- Add broccoli to a food processor and pulse until it's completely broken up. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- Shred cheese.
- When bacon is finished, place aside on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the grease. Add leeks to the hot pan with bacon grease and cook until softened.
- In the meantime, add the eggs, cream, dairy-free milk, salt, and pepper to a big bowel. Use a hand mixer to blend for a minute.
- Prepare a plate lined with paper towels. Scoop leeks out of pan and place on plate. Blot with paper towels to absorb excess grease.
- Once bacon is cooled, chop into bits.
- In a round casserole dish (at least 9" diameter), pour a drizzle of olive oil. Use wax paper to evenly cook the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Layer the dry ingredients starting with cheese, then 1/3 of the broccoli, 1/3 of the bacon, 1/3 of the leeks, and repeat until all ingredients are added. Pour egg mixture over the entire dish evenly.
- Place on baking sheet and insert into oven on the middle rack.
- Set timer for 50 minutes. It should be done between 50-60 minutes.
Dairy-free & Paleo: Skip the cheese or use a dairy-free cheese instead. Low FODMAP: Use greens of a scallion instead of the leeks. Skip the cheese (or use a low-lactose cheese instead). You may want to opt to skip the coconut cream and use 2 cups of the dairy-free milk instead. Eat this with your favorite fruit or breakfast potatoes on the side.