Extra Gingery Gingerbread Cookies (GF, DF, Paleo)
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup honey warmed
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Make sure it’s well mixed.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir well until a dough forms.
- Place dough in freezer for about 20 minutes to harden the dough up for easier rolling.
- After 20 minutes, place dough on a well-floured surface and roll into a flat rectangle, around ¼-inch thick.
- Place cookie cutters of choice onto dough.
- Place cookies onto baking sheet. Continue to do step 5 and 6 until you have no more dough left.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be sure to watch them so they don’t burn.
- Let cool. In the meantime, add coconut butter, coconut oil and honey to a small bowl. Mix until there are no more clumps.
- Add to a piping bag or a plastic bag (and cut a hole in one of the corners).
Inspired by: https://detoxinista.com/vegan-paleo-gingerbread-cookies/#wprm-recipe-container-22549