Fall Bison Vegetable Stew
A warm earthy stew grounding and supportive to the body.
- 1 lb. bison cubes
- 5-6 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 carrots chopped in coins
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1, 28 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- ¾ cup dried sprouted lentils
- 1 cup broth
- 1 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp of dried Basil
- 1 tsp of dried Thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in pressure cooker.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- If using slow cooker, brown meat first in 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil with onions. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium heat for 5-6 hours.
Low FODMAP- Skip the lentils. Use green tips of scallions instead of regular onion. I purchased my bison from Backyard Bison, located in Coopersburg, PA: http://www.backyardbison.com/