Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
Provides nutrients that are building blocks for bones, joints, skin, gut healing, and supports the immune system.
- 1 chicken carcass
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 onion - cut into quarters then separate layers
- 3 carrots - cut into two inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks - cut into two inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic - peeled and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place chicken carcass in Instant Pot with 3 quarts of water.
- Add cut onion, carrots, and celery stalks.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper.
- Seal Instant Pot and pressure cook for 60-90 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Slow cook overnight on medium heat for 5-8 hours.
- Strain broth through colander.
- *Times can be adjusted depending on your schedule. We usually start the broth right after dinner so the pressure cooking is done before we go to bed. Then we slow cook overnight.
- *We usually freeze two quarts and keep one quart in fridge for cooking throughout the week or drink a cup for breakfast.