Instant Pot/Crockpot: Salsa Verde Chicken
A perfect meal to make on those chilly days. So easy to make and will leave you and the rest of your family with happy hearts and full stomachs!P.S. Both cooking methods are very similar, they just vary in cooking times.
- 2-3 lbs. chicken breast refrigerated not frozen
- 1 jar 12-16 oz. salsa Verde
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Limes and cilantro for garnish
Crockpot version (see notes for Instant Pot):
- Add chicken breasts to the slow cooker/crockpot.
- Add spices and salt and pepper.
- Pour in salsa Verde.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours. If you use frozen chicken breast, it may take close to 8 hours to cook.
- Remove lid and place chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
- Add it back to the crockpot and stir one more time.
- Eat it by itself or in tacos or in a burrito—get creative! Garnish with lime juice and fresh cilantro.
For instant pot: Add all ingredients to the instant pot except lime and cilantro. Secure the instant Pot lid and cook for about 12-15 minutes. After letting it sit for about 5 minutes (to let it vent). Inspired by: https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/instant-pot-salsa-verde-chicken/#tasty-recipes-13648