Paleo Cinnamon Rolls with Peppermint Icing
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 ¼ cups tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tbsp honey warmed
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-4 tsp cinnamon
For the peppermint icing:
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 pieces of peppermint candy plus more for garnish crushed (Yum Earth brand for organic, dye-free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients except the egg. Mix well and then add in the egg. Mix again until a dough forms.
- Cover and let dough chill in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes.
- While it’s chilling, spray a muffin tin with oil spray and preheat your oven to 350F.
- Then to make the filling: combine coconut oil, honey and cinnamon to a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Take dough out of fridge and lay it on a large piece of parchment paper. You may want to add some tapioca flour to the paper prior to adding the dough. Roll the dough into a long rectangle. Make sure not to roll it too thin or it could tear.
- Spread the filling onto the dough in a thin layer.
- Using the parchment paper to get it started, start rolling the dough (the long way). Once it’s completely rolled, place back in fridge to firm up (it will be easier to cut).
- Slice the chilled dough into 12-14 even rounds and place each one in a muffin well.