Pumpkin Chipotle Chili
Crockpots are one of the best meal prepping techniques! It only takes a short amount of time to prep the ingredients and then once you throw it all in the crockpot, your work is complete—let the crockpot do the rest! This recipe is perfect for cold weather; it will leave your heart and stomach happy and full.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin make sure the only ingredient is pumpkin
- 1 lb. chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups bone broth or chicken/vegetable stock
- 14 oz. diced canned tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ cup red bell peppers chopped
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro and jalapeños for garnish
- In a large lightly oiled pan, brown chicken breasts, just enough so they’re brown on the outside but not fully cooked on the inside (they will finish cooking in the crockpot).
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and add onions. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat until they become fragrant.
- Add both chicken breasts and onion to the crockpot.
- Add bone broth, canned tomatoes, pumpkin, riced cauliflower. Mix everything together and make sure chicken is covered.
- Add spices, bell pepper and chipotle peppers. Give it another stir.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours. After two hours, remove chicken breasts from crockpot and shred on cutting board.
- Add back to crockpot, give it a stir and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with cilantro and jalapeños.
To make vegetarian, omit chicken and use black beans instead. To make low FODMAP— omit garlic powder and onion and add chives; omit riced cauliflower and add rice Inspired by: https://www.cottercrunch.com/crock-pot-sweet-potato-chipotle-chili-paleo/