Thanksgiving Themed Charcuterie Board
Serves at least 4
Whether you call it a charcuterie board or a snack board, they are the new IT thing in the food world. They are perfect for small gatherings, football games, date night and lots more! The best thing about these boards is that you can get really creative with them. Here’s a general “how-to” to charcuterie board making plus few general tips/tricks to really make it stand out!
For this specific board think pumpkin, dark orange, green and burgundy, roasted nuts, cloves, everything autumn/cozy-themed!
- Parmesan crisps
- Fig and olive crisps
- Simple Mills
- Rice Crackers
- Pretzel crisps
- Pita chips
- Bread cubes
- * Choose a variety of different crackers; they will add fun texture and design to your board
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Goat cheese, cubed
- Salami, folded
- Turkey slices
- Prosciutto, folded
- Bleu cheese
- Mini bell peppers, sliced
- Apples, sliced
- Oranges, sliced
- Strawberries, sliced
- Mini pickles
- Black olives
- Green olives
- Trail mix
- Macadamia nuts
- *If you’re using raw nuts, you also could roast/toast them before; this enhances the flavor of them.
- Pumpkin butter
- Fall Harvest Salsa
- Roasted red pepper hummus/regular hummus
- Spinach dip
- * Add these to the small bowls/ramekins.
- Dark chocolate
- Dried apricot
- Dried cranberries
- Chocolate chips
- Most people like to use wooden/cutting board, but you can really use any kind of tray; baking sheet, large plastic plate, you name it. You also want to gather some small bowls for any dips and/or sauces and some finger food.
- *For the fruits, veggies and cheese, you may want to cut them prior to assembling them on the official board.
- There’s no specific way to assemble these boards but some general guidelines:
- Assemble your small dishes/bowls on the board. The food will be placed around these; try to make it asymmetrical.
- Pre-cut all of your fruits and veggies before. You can get creative when it comes to slicing and dicing these too!
- Have a little bit of each food in different places; you want it to look very colorful.
- For your finishing touches, you can add some décor to the board such as fresh herbs, flowers, cheese knives or a honey dipper.
Inspired by: https://whatsgabycooking.com/thanksgiving-cheese-board/