The Ultimate Green Smoothie
- 2 stalks Kale
- 1/2 Cucumber seeds removed
- 1 handful of fresh Parsley
- 1 Green apple cored
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice I use Santa Cruz or Lakewood brand 100% lemon juice
- Collagen Peptides I use Vital Proteins Beef Collagen Peptides; 2 scoops is 1 serving
- 2-3 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil or 1/4-1/2 Avocado
- Optional add-ins for immune boosting/ anti-inflammation: Pinch of cayenne pepper and/or 1 tsp of ground ginger or 1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger with skin removed
- 2 or more cups Water
- In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients until blended smooth. You may need to add more water to thin the consistency. Because no ingredient is frozen in this recipe, I like to add ice cubes to my glass.
Because this recipe blends ingredients instead of juicing them (which removes fiber and nutrients), froth or foam might result. If you don't prefer this, you can strain the smoothie over a fine mesh strainer and reserve the "foam" for use in another recipe like stir fries or even as a way to add fiber and nutrients to yogurt. If you can, KEEP the froth (fiber) because it benefits you! Drink this as a beverage rather than a meal or snack replacement. It makes a larger serving. I like to refrigerate it and drink it throughout the day.